Why is it that even with a cleaning staff some office still looks musty and dirty? It’s not because of the fact that some really don’t know what to do once they start cleaning. They could start on one place and leaving it to do other tasks. It’s not only counterproductive, but also tiring on behalf of people cleaning the room.
How do you save time for the cleaning staff? It may sound demanding but creating a detailed checklist that they should follow from start to finish is the way to go to maintain a clean and organized office. After all, clean office means happy employees. Here’s a detailed yet helpful list you can try out in order to guarantee the health and morale of your employees:
- Make sure the trash bins and plastic bags are cleared out and washed. There will probably be dry stains on the side that will make the office stink if ignored.
- Vacuum the curtains or wipe the blinds. If your office has curtains, it is important that it will be washed at least once or twice a month to avoid dust and mould.
- Vacuum carpets or mats. Since people walk over them everyday, it only makes sense that it should be vacuumed daily. If you want it to be pristine, wash it twice or once a month and use lint roller after vacuuming it.
- Mop and vacuum hard flooring for the dust and smudges. If a coffee spilled, make sure it is wiped right away and mopped with proper cleaning chemicals. Buy eco-friendly materials to ensure the safety of your staff.
- Dust all surfaces and wipe it microfiber cloth. As much as possible, soak the cloth with a cleaning chemical for effectivity. It helps if you use eco-friendly materials for your office so it is surely safe for your staff.
- Keep an eye out for dust that stick on the walls and cobwebs in the corner of the room – it will eventually detach itself from where it once was and roll underneath furniture. Better to handle them while they’re still there.
- Clean the fingerprints and smudges on glass walls, doors, and windows. Nothing beats a combination of microfiber cloth and a window glass wiper: you will start to see a clearer world after you’re done.
- Polish wooden or metal surfaces with special cleaning chemicals. Displays of bronze statues and wooden tables can get dirty and smudged over time, it is important to pay attention to the spill stains and such.
- Arrange all appliances and furniture neatly. Make sure you clean the spot underneath these before you place them back.
- Remember to restock tissues and soap in the washroom and pantry.
- Same as glass surfaces, make sure you remove splash stains on mirrors before proceeding to the next step.
- Wipe all the dispensers and hand dryer. If left ignored, it will surely discolour buttons and splash stains will be tougher to remove.
- Sanitize the sinks and toilets. This should be done properly since they are both carrier of germs and bacteria. The bowls and seats should be thoroughly sanitized with antibacterial soap and cleaning chemicals.
- Disinfect all knobs and handles. Since this is always held and used, it should be sanitized or it could result in a transfer of diseases.
- Mop and sanitize floors in both washroom and pantry. These a prone to muddy stains and mysterious spills, it should be done with utmost care and meticulous cleaning.