You come in in the office feeling well-rested and ready to take on tasks for the day with a smile. You sit down and start-up your computer, but then you realise there’s a nasty smell that lingered in the air – unsure if it’s gym socks or a month old turkey sandwich, but it’s definitely putrid. If you look around, your employees also feel lost as to where the smell comes from. Overall, it distracts you from the task at hand and disrupts your flow as well.
How should you tackle this issue? There are various ways you can get rid of that mysterious smell that seemed to enjoy being there. Why is it important? Aside from the fact that it doesn’t make your employees productive, it might also pose as a health risk as well if left alone. Besides, who doesn’t want to enter the office with a good mood because of the smell?
Pets. Some offices have stress reliever animals, and as much as they are lovable and adorable, they do indeed stink after a while. It has been a mystery as to why they manage to stink even after a bath. But since these lovable slobbering babies calm employees, you can get rid of their stench in the office through these steps:
- Get an ozone generator and tarp or any big sheet.
- Drape over the items that stinks the most and ozonate it.
- Make sure that the ends of the tarp or the sheet is secured and won’t be removed or blown away.
- Place the ozone generator inside, with the vents exposed to get clean air in.
- The cycle should last for 30 minutes and maybe an hour if it has a stronger smell compared to the others.
Molds. You can see that there are mysterious growths that seem to occupy most corners of the room, those are molds and mildew. They may seem harmless at first, but when they begin to fester and occupy more of the office, expect health complications that could even result to absences and unhappy employees.
- You can remove the infected areas by washing it with vinegar and dry it up.
- You can then turn on the ozone generator and leave it for four hours to fully get rid of that musty smell in the pantry.
- Make sure the plants and pets are not in the room while the process is ongoing.
Water damage. That nasty stain of ancient water spilling out of a ruptured tube can give rise to disgusting odours. It even leaves wrinkles that was made by the pooled dirty water behind your wallpaper or paint – something that will be absorbed by wood and will eventually reek. You can finally remove the stench it leaves through these steps.
- Make sure you have the damage repaired first before you detoxify the air in the room.
- Remove plants and pets in the room as well.
- Run it for a few hours and make sure it doesn’t stink much anymore.
- Since the stench will be too extreme, have it on full power to remove the smell entirely.
- After the process, make sure you open the windows when the ozone is still too powerful.
- Make sure you leave the room when you do this process.