Humans are known to have improve over the years, and since the improvement, there have been carbon prints as well as any traces of pollution that dented natural resources gravely. It has dented the nation’s economy as well as ballooned the debt to repair what was severely broken. However, there was a small compromise that actually helps a little bit to nature – participating in Earth Day.
Earth Day started on 1970’s after United States of America’s declaration of the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act after getting a landslide of feedbacks for a need of environmental action. It has then a most practised event that has then inspired youngsters to participate in order to be ‘in the trend’.
Here are the reasons why you should go celebrate earth day:
- Recycle. Recycling items means you can finally declutter the mess in the office and even inspire your staff to do the same. Proposing to properly separate biodegradable from not is something your employees will take home – meaning a healthier lifestyle.
- Crafty. Sometimes, the office needs a fun decoration that shows off the talents of your employees, and it actually makes the office seem cheerful. If your office has a daycare, it’s a fun way to teach the kids how to do fun projects.
- Exercise. It has to be a lifestyle – you can keep doing this in order to stay fit and even save up from those emergency cabs and trains. It might even convince you to give up driving everyday to work! It will save you a ton and give you a fit physique.
- Organic. Using organic products may not be ideal for you when you first got it – but it actually helps you in the long run. Using organic products – from cleaning to soaps – is actually a lot healthier and that means lesser sick days for your staff as well.
- Washable containers. You might think that getting paper plates and utensils is better, but actually it will make the environment suffer. Instead of providing disposable utensils, go for washable utensils that can be reused for a long while. It will save you a couple of bucks as well.
- Carpooling. Not really something you would think of, but carpooling (especially since there might be people in your office who doesn’t know how to use a bike) is the best way to save money and is better for the environment. Lesser carbon print, the better it is – slowly it will be a better place.
- Windows. Nice cool weather outside with the right amount of sun? Why not turn off the air conditioner and let some fresh air in. It will save you a lot in your electricity bill and your employees will appreciate it. Besides, isn’t it relaxing to listen to birds chirping while working?
- Lesser hard copies. Lesser hard copies mean lesser clutter – meaning a more organised office. Relying on digital copies will save you more from papers and it’s even easier to distribute throughout the entire office. It’s the best way to save the environment while saving money.