In the office, there will be some equipment that will be shared by other employees – items like the photocopier machine, printer, phones, and the list goes on. While it is indeed a normal occurrence, there is more to it than just your usual office function. The reason why the office gets sick easily is because of that one sick employee who used the shared items in the office and accidentally spread the bacteria all around.
Why should you keep your office clean? In addition to the fact that the office seem more bright and productive when it’s clean, it also helps stop the unnecessary spread of bacteria. May it be from the keyboard of their computers to the desks they use, the bacteria lingers if you don’t clean it properly – it might even manifest there and it will eventually develop into something bad.
Why You Should Clean Equipment:
- Cut back the spread of diseases. Diseases come in microscopic bacteria and germs, and they will eventually accumulate on a most used item and eventually spread. The best way to avoid this is to clean the equipment as much as possible. Use microfibre cloth on keyboards, screens, and phones to get the dusty particles off. Never use water or alcohol that might damage the device entirely. Just clean it daily and as much as possible.
- Make the equipment last longer. When there is a manifestation of something icky in between keys and dials, expect for that gadget to malfunction earlier than intended. To make the most of your gadget, make sure you clean it weekly to avoid the spread and manifestation of germs and molds. Besides, who doesn’t want to use a seemingly brand new equipment? It will inspire your employees to work harder and better.
- Increase productivity. A clean office is always attractive to people, and it has always been a great way to convince your employees to work harder and better. By providing them a neat place to work on, you can also inspire your employees to be better and produce more results. A healthy workplace is a productive place, so the cleaner the better.
Proper Cleaning Procedures You Need to Know:
- Microfibre cloth should be mainly used for equipment like the computer monitor, the keyboard, and the mouse. Make sure that it is dry when you use it on the monitor since it will smudge the screen and might even stain. It might also destroy one of the buttons if ever it dripped on one of them.
- Some items like the mouse can be sprayed lightly with alcohol or disinfectant spray to avoid the spread of bacteria. It can also help if you have a special sticky putty you can roll on the keyboard to get rid of the particles stuck in between, or go for a small paint brush to get rid of it.
- Items like phones and shared touchscreen devices can be cleaned with disinfectant wipes or lightly damp microfibre to stop the accumulation of bacteria. It will also keep the touchscreen devices clean and clear to work on.