The boardroom represents professionalism of the company, whether it was shown through a video call or an actual meeting with the clients, it’s a place where deals are made and where important decisions were made. Overall, the appearance of the boardroom reflects the personality of the company as a whole, and it might affect how they will treat or view your company from now on.
Aside from the tacky layout that you might have to change, a mess of a boardroom means you don’t value their presence. Since the longest time, people always prepare the house to receive guests, and this mentality shouldn’t just stay in your house. By making an easy checklist, it’s easier to make it into a habit for employees to do these things after leaving the boardroom.
Here are things you should never forget to do after using the boardroom:
- Make sure that the chairs are pushed back. As sad as this sounds, a lot of employees tend to leave the boardroom with chairs scattered everywhere. While it should be common sense to do that at least after using, some just leave it be. Remind your employees to shove the chairs back in its place to make the boardroom look presentable and clean.
- Clear out messes. Trash under the seats? Pamphlets left behind after the meeting? Papers on top of the projector? Make sure everything is thrown away and all of the items and gadgets are put away in its proper place after using them. The users of the boardroom should be responsible in cleaning up after their mess and make sure that the new users would feel welcome when they use it. But if there are items, like pens and notebooks, make sure that you store it in a way that it will find its way to their proper owner.
- Wipe the surfaces. Sometimes, meetings have snacks due to the length and odd hours it occupies, and these crumbs and droppings remain on the table after the meeting. While it may not be their task to clear it up, they should make it a habit to clean it while it’s fresh. These debris of food will sooner or later attract ants and any other insects and possibly ruin the wirings on the table. Supplying the room with disposable wet wipes after a spill or a couple of crumbs rolling, it should at least clear up the mess and prevent stains.
- Turn off all the electronics. Make sure the projector, computer, or what gadget is in the boardroom is turned off and neatly put away. Make sure that you keep everything hidden to avoid the accumulation of dust in the long term. With everything put away and neatly stored, it should require less preparation for the next people who will use the room – saving them more time.
- Ensure that the boardroom is cleaned everyday. It might not always be used everyday, but it’s important to keep it clean to ensure the upkeep of the gadgets and the items used in the meeting. There should always be proper vacuuming, dusting, wiping – just to make sure that the layer of dust is gone by the next people who will use it.