In every office, there will be this one toilet they refuse to use because of its notoriety of being the dirtiest in the comfort room. It obviously caused discomfort for employees and inconvenience for you – there will be longer queues, lesser time done for work, and perhaps the unlucky employee gets sick for using it. While the thought of cleaning toilets is disgusting, you should never leave it as is – it has a big effect on the overall performance of the company.
Why Is Cleaning the Toilet That Important?
While you might or might not know, these porcelain thrones are known to host various amounts of disease-carrying bacteria and germs – meaning a lot can get sick by just sitting on them. Aside from that, the overall appearance of the toilet might discourage people from doing their business there – they might hold it in or find the nearest comfort room to ease themselves. It would mean a dent on productivity and overall performance of the employees.
Below Are the Reasons Why You Should Always Clean Toilets:
- Clean means safe. When you clean your comfort room stalls properly, your employees will have no problem or trouble about it and might even finish their business quick without hesitation. They will be able to go to the comfort room with ease and they don’t have to think twice about it.
- Healthier environment. If you religiously clean the comfort room – especially the toilets – it would mean that they won’t be too scared to enter the comfort room. They might even start a healthier habit to keep the place clean and pristine. It would also help if the comfort room doesn’t stink – meaning your employees will appreciate their time there and feel completely refreshed when they go back to their duties.
- Lesser sick leaves. While sick leaves are unavoidable since there will come a time when an employee gets struck with a fever or bad cold, it would definitely lessen the chances of your employees getting sick. They will definitely be healthier if they use toilets that are religiously and thoroughly cleaned after each day. It may be a hassle, but the return of investment is way bigger than your expenses for a cleaner office.
- Everyone is happier. Not only employees use your toilets, your clients as well. Who wants to go inside a war torn and apocalyptic comfort room? No one would ever dare enter it – especially since they don’t know what happened to it. Cleaning every nook of your office, especially the porcelain throne, means you can ensure the morale of your employees and maybe start develop their habit of becoming cleaner and healthier. It’s a good domino effect!
- Better impression. It’s likely that your customers or clients who have been to your toilet will have a better impression of your company. They will be able to appreciate the fact that you made sure that the toilets used by your employees and customers are clean – meaning you care. It gives your company a boosted trust and better image that your company does indeed care.