In every retail store or establishment, there is always that restroom no one feels like going to. It may not just be because of the poor lighting, it might be the unseen foreign entities that lies in between the tiles and the corners of the room. It might have evolved into something more disgusting – a greenish blackish mold that occupied the corners of the room and cubicles. What’s worse – no one has the heart to eliminate the mold from its corner.
While putting elbow grease on scrubbing floors is enough to make your employees hurl their lunch, there is a way to effectively clean the retail bathroom without having to face this monstrosity again. All you need to do is to follow these easy steps below to ensure the cleanliness of your retail restrooms.
Effective Ways to Maintaining the Cleanliness of Retail Restrooms:
- Furnishing your custodial cart. You need more than just a mop and a bucket of water – there are more items in your restroom that needs wiping and thorough cleaning. Make sure you are stocked with microfibre cloths, safe cleaning chemicals, glass and disinfectant sprays, a wide variety of toilet brushes, and masks for the cleaners. The fumes might make them sick and you wouldn’t want that.
- Train your staff well. You can’t simply let the same person who cleans well clean the entire cycle – train your other cleaning staff and make sure they reach your standards of clean. Ensure that they will keep it up for a long period of time by checking their work after they’re done – it will become a habit for them to put extra elbow grease in their cleaning practices.
- Be consistent. This is vital since your clients or customers will indeed notice right away when you get lax in terms of cleanliness. They will soon comment that you used to be the freshest and cleanest restroom available and now you let it go. Always tell your staff to be consistent with the standards and to make sure that the restroom is clean and fresh for your customers.
- Schedule a deep clean. Simply keeping up with the standards is not hygenic enough – you have to hire the professionals to ensure there is no buildup and serious contamination in any of the items in the restroom. It might be expensive to schedule it as often as four times in a year, but it is worth it. Who doesn’t love a safe and clean restroom whenever they enter it?
- Research the best cleaning chemicals. It may not be your job, but it pays to know what’s best for the cleanliness of your retail restroom and the safety of your staff. There might be ideal chemicals but are harmful for your staff, which will definitely come back to you and bite you in the rear – in form of numerous absences for those who inhaled the fumes. Always check the safest and effective chemicals for cleaning to maintain a safe working environment for your cleaning staff.