A lot of us tend to think of cleaning as a boring task. Sweeping the floor, dusting the furniture, wiping the window, etc. We often find these chores monotonous and unworthy of our attention. However, cleaning ensures that we get to enjoy a germ-free environment, keeping us safe and healthy.
Using better cleaning services for the heavier chores is always the best option. However, compelling your staff to follow “cleanliness guidelines,” wouldn’t hurt too. But we all know that not everyone enjoys it and is willing to take part. In order for you to grab their attention, you’d have to turn it into a fun endeavor.The Importance of Having Fun
People would often think that having fun is a waste of time. That nothing good can come out of it and that it’s only a form of distraction. A distraction that people are very keen on latching on to. That’s what you’re probably thinking, right?
However, science shows that fun is not just about the games and the giddy feeling a person gets. There’s actually more to it and here are a couple of reasons why it’s important:
- Gives You Renewed Strength – Having fun reenergises your body, making you feel pumped up. Having enough energy to finish the day is vital and this is where fun plays a huge factor.
- Increases Productivity – There is something that people call “Brain Fatigue.” Simple tasks become more difficult and takes longer to finish, lowering the rate of productivity. To combat this, incorporating a bit of fun in the workplace perks people up, effectively removing “Brain Fatigue.”
- Balance – One can’t just simply dedicate him/herself to work all the time. Sooner or later, they’ll reach a point where they’ll get burned out. Fun balances everything out by lowering the levels of stress and fatigue.
Now that we know why having fun is important, we’ll now talk about the numerous ways to keep the office clean. Now, these aren’t just your typical type of strategy or game plan. These tips aim to add “fun” while keeping the workplace pristine.
- Cleaning Group Party – Everybody loves a party because it’s fun. It’s hip and it’s rad. Prepare a little cleaning group party once a week, you can even include the cleaning company that provide better cleaning services to you, and just have some fun while cleaning.
- Cleaning Competition – Ain’t nothing better than having a friendly cleaning competition for fun. The competition should be complete with rewards and awards.
- Reward Cleaning Habits – Incentives and rewards are one of the best techniques that anyone can use to engage people in activities. By applying these methods, you’ll surely get your staff to maintain workplace cleanliness on a regular basis.
Getting yourself better cleaning services and putting up reminders like “Clean As You Go,” are techniques that most of us utilize to ensure cleanliness is kept. But the best way to keep it clean is to compel your employees to follow with the guidelines. Turning them into something fun makes it easier for your staff to follow through and get you the spotless results that you want.