Each big company has their server room to hold massive data entries for both the clients and the employees. This room houses different components and includes 10 to almost hundred servers, and usually has basic CPU components and centrally managed through a server administrator system. Since these store important information and computes resources at almost 24 hours a day, it only makes sense that server rooms should be taken care of like the rest of the office.
Why is it important to clean the server room?
The server room is one of the most important rooms in a company, and it works for almost 365 days a year non-stop. The entire office depends on these servers and they always require these machines to access data for customers and to do investigations. So if ever this room goes on downtime, you will suffer a few days of disrupted business days. Cleaning the server room actually makes the flow of business swifter since the servers are maintained and cleaned to perform better than before.
In cleaning server rooms, you need to make sure that you get a professional cleaning company to take care of it. They are well-equipped and know what to do in terms of meticulously cleaning the layers of dust and debris. They will also be careful in handling these massive machines to make sure it doesn’t break and cause hassle for your company.
Reasons why you need to invest in cleaning your server room:
- Cleaning the servers make it last longer. A clean server room means it makes the equipment last longer than the expected lifespan. Since it runs continuously, expect it to suck in dust and debris during its cooling process. While this happens, it actually causes big damages to the machines. It will clog up the fan and will likely overheat the machines causing it to break. Also, dust and debris are considered corrosive – it will likely reduce the specified lifespan of the equipment.
- It reduces possibility of downtimes. When the server is down, most of the work goes undone – and they usually have to wait until the servers are fixed or replaced. Delays can actually damage your company – it can cause a domino effect that will likely make you lose more money the minute it stops. Cleaning the server room religiously can remove the dust and improve the performance as well. It can also bring to light existing issues you don’t know about by cleaning the servers thoroughly.
- Saves you more money and effort. Each server room has its own air filtration system that might eventually clog up the filter due to the dust, dirt, and any other debris it sucked from the air. Since the server room should always stay cold to avoid overheating, it’s actually harder for the air conditioning unit to keep the room cold when the filters are clogged. By cleaning, it will lessen the filter changes and it will make filtration more effective for the next change.
- No more rodents. Cleaning the server room effectively means no rodents to snack on the wiring and accidentally electrocuting itself. Cleaning the underfloor – where most rodents sneak in and invade the room – will eliminate the contaminants and keep your server room functional.
- Safer workplace. Overheating machine means it’s possible for fire. Although it’s unlikely to happen, it’s possible and it might harm the people who need to work with it. Plus a fire means a loss of data and possibly might make your company lose more money than just hiring professional cleaners. Static charged dust can actually cause short circuits and overheating can lead to fire. Maintaining the cleanliness of the server room will reduce the likelihood of fire and data loss.